Maan Somali Mental Health Sheffield Volunteer
Maan Somali Mental Health Sheffield believes that life experiences and the environment we live in play a major part in influencing our mental health.
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and communities and volunteer with us for a range of reasons, including to:
- make a positive impact on peoples’ lives,
- gain new skills and knowledge and build experience for employment
- use and develop existing skills in varied and rewarding roles
- improve health, wellbeing, confidence and self-esteem
- meet new people from a range of backgrounds and ages, and make friends
- get to know the local community and give something back
- experience good training and support and to feel part of a team
We appreciate your commitment to us and will do the best we can to make your volunteer experience with us enjoyable and rewarding. To make sure you have the best possible experience we have created this agreement which sets out our commitment to you and what we hope you can contribute.